The following websites can be useful when you are seeking more information about investing in strategies that include equities and futures like IIM’s “Systematic Hybrid™”:
1. CFTC – Commodity Futures Trading Commission
This is the Federal agency the oversees trading on all US futures markets. It is similar to the SEC.
2. NFA – National Futures Association
This is the self regulatory body that enforces the regulations of the CFTC.Incline Investment Management is regulated by the NFA as a registered Commodity Pool Operator (“CPO”). IIM is a member of the NFA. Mr. Parkhill and Mr. Hurlbut are registered associate members of the NFA. Their website has a”Broker/Firm Information” database where investors can search for firms to ensure they are registered.
3. FINRA – Financial Industry Regulatory Authority
This is the self regulatory body that enforces the regulations of the SEC.
4. AIMA – Alternative Investment Management Association
This is the premier association for hedge fund professionals from around the world. IIM’s Due Diligence Questionnaire, which is available upon request, has been modeled after the AIMA standard DDQ for CTA’s. Note that Mr. Parkhill was an AIMA committee member for the development of the original DDQ developed for AIMA when he worked at John W. Henry & Co.
5. MFA – Managed Funds Association
This is the domestic version of AIMA. Quite popular amongst the CTA community (many CTAs are members of the MFA). Their website has some helpful information about investing in hedge funds.
6. CME – Chicago Mercantile Exchange
This exchange is responsible for regulating the Futures Commission Merchants and is based in Chicago. Their website has a number of different resources and articles that will be helpful to most investors.
- Opalesque – April 2020- Corona Fighters Asset Managers Who Diversify
- COVID-19 – March 2020 – What Happens Next
- Opalesque Exclusive – Jan 2018 The Straight Flush Crash-White Paper by Dr. George Sokoloff & Ted Parkhill
- Hedge Fund Alert – April 2018 Bitcoin-Futures Portfolio Offered Page 2
- Peltz International Global Macro Seminar – May 2018 Meet the Niche Manager – Global Macro Seminar
- AlphaWeek Article – June 2018 Incline Investment’s Zephyr Cove Strategy
Investing With The Trends
- A Bear Market Rally or a New Bull Market In Stocks?
- From the Trading Desk: A Recession in All but a Name
- From the Trading Desk: Six Months in Review
- Spotting a Bear Market?
- From the Trading Desk: The Next Market Catalyst
- A Fundamental Flaw: Psychology Trumps Fundamentals in a Bear Market
- From the Trading Desk: Inflation is Here to Stay
- What Happens When Interest Rates Rise?
- From the Trading Desk: What’s Happening in the Market?
- History Doesn’t Repeat Itself, but It Often Rhymes
- From the Trading Desk: Historic Russian Market Impacts
- What assets perform best in high inflation environments?
- From the Trading Desk: You Don’t Need Sales to Look Good
- From the Trading Desk: A Trillion-dollar Tesla?
- What is the Value of Anything?